Verbatim Transcription Options
KATTS has been providing verbatim transcription services since 2003. Verbatim transcription gives a full transcript of everything that is said word-for-word in the audio. There are some options available to consider here:
- Option 1 - Fully verbatim including 'um', 'uh', ((laughs)), ((coughs)) and every utterance/pause filler (sometimes required in qualitative research and/or speech analysis). This style of transcription will incur an extra nominal charge.
- Option 2 - Verbatim but omitting 'um', 'uh', ((laughs)), ((coughs)) but including all words spoken and including repetitions of 'you know', 'I mean', 'sort of' etc during conversation.
- Option 3 - Intelligent verbatim transcription is a full transcription of everything that is said in the audio, but excludes 'um', 'uh' and repetitions of 'you know', 'I mean', 'sort of' etc. This is a common option for interview transcription.
- Option 4 - Grammar can be tidied up to make a more intelligible transcript for speeches and presentations.
- For interviews interviewer interjections such as ‘yeah’, ‘uh huh’ can be omitted if they do not add to the context of the conversation for example 'yeah', 'erm hmm', 'uh huh'.
(C) Copyright KATTS 2003. All rights reserved.
[Please do not copy content from this site]